POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : mathematical camera motion : mathematical camera motion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:55:40 EDT (-0400)
  mathematical camera motion
From: tgl
Date: 30 Aug 2003 06:35:01
Message: <web.3f507d5f85bbe1cfe331e8d30@news.povray.org>
Hello Friends
 I have been part of the news gruop for some time as a silent reader but
this is my first post. I have not been able to find a satisfactory answer
to a technical problem I'm having within previous posts in the newsgroup.
 Can any math wizz out there tell me what the formula would look like that
would describe the motion of a camera that looked at one spot in space
continually as it gradually began to move in a circular and expanding
spiral, steadily gaining speed and steadily rising above what it is looking
at?
 If this motion could be visualized by a single curved line, it would
probably appear to be a very symetrical and conical tornado.
 Also; how would a mathematical formula discribing the above motion be
worded in POVray?

                                    Thanx